Monday, September 28, 2009

Another silent "no"

It's been over two weeks since my audition, and I haven't heard back from them. At about day 3, I figure it's a pretty definite "no". It's just annoying that people don't follow up to say "Thank you, we won't be using you." They make certain they have all kinds of contact info, and then they don't use it.

It was a good audition. I know, because I was there while two guys ahead of me auditioned. The first one did his songs, and then they talked to him about the show and had him tell a story (because the show doesn't have much actual dialogue to check speaking style). The second one had a bad audition and didn't get anything beyond singing. I got the long form. At the end, they ask if you have any questions. I think the question I should ask in the future is, "Will you let me know if you're not going to use me, or at what point do I assume a 'no'?"

1 comment:

Sean Hardin said...

I'm right there with you on the movie audition. Got it down to 4 guys. Had great audition and then hear nothing back so just assume it is a no. I'm going to have to remember to use that phrase, "the silent no"